|In-House Counsel - Surrey|
Our client is an international engineering and infrastructure company. A particular Business Unit delivers a diverse range of projects in the UK and around the globe.
It undertakes PFI Contracts directly and through Joint Venture arrangements and works closely with key subcontractors and JV Partners to provide a stable and effective Prime Contracting capability that consistently provides value for money solutions that achieve high standards of customer satisfaction
A qualified solicitor or barrister is now sought to work in the Legal Department to offer dedicated legal support to this business unit within Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
The position will be based Surrey and some international travel will be required.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years PQE and will provide legal advice and support to the business unit at all levels and across a broad range of commercial contracts. A strong technical ability and the willingness to work under pressure in a global company is a requirement.
Previous exposure to an in-house role is preferable with experience in dealing with sales and marketing teams and senior management as well as external customers on bidding arrangements, head contracts, subcontracts and joint ventures. Some US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act / Bribery Act, construction, defence and PFI experience would be desirable.
Ideally the candidate should have:
· Experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements;
· Familiarity with a broad range of corporate legal issues affecting the business unit including indemnities, warranties and intellectual property;
· Strong written and oral communication skills, including experience dealing with business executives and clients;
· Excellent strategic, organisational, presentation and process skills with the ability to follow through on numerous projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
· Ability to work well independently, coupled with strong interpersonal skills, resourcefulness, and an ability to participate in a highly collaborative team environment.
The PQE for this role is used purely as a guide, therefore we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
Apply for this job:
For further information in complete confidence, please contact:
Deborah Kirkman - 020 7778 1606
Sonya Rayner - 020 7778 1635
Nicola McLean - 020 7778 1621
Alternatively, email the In-house Recruitment Team quoting the job title and reference number: firstname.lastname@example.org