|Interim Governance Managers - Central London|
Very well known Housing Association seeks to appoint two interim Governance Managers based in central London.
The focus of the role is to provide a high quality company secretarial/governance service to Group Partners.
1. To keep the Group Partners governing instruments (Memorandum & Articles of Association / Rules) under review, recommending changes as necessary and liaising with all related parties.
2. To effectively service Group Partner Boards. To summon meetings, prepare agendas, advise on the presentation of documents, collate papers and ensure their timely distribution, attend meetings, prepare and disseminate minutes and action plans. Attendance at Board meetings will be outside normal working hours.
3. To ensure that Partner Board members are aware of their roles and responsibilities and provide advice and support to assist them in the effective discharge of their duties.
4. To take the lead on transfers of engagements and the establishment of new corporate bodies within the Group.
5. To keep the Group’s structures, governing instruments, committee structure and membership under review, recommending changes as necessary.
6. To ensure members receive the support, training and advice necessary for them to discharge their duties and to ensure appropriate communication between the Board and Committees.
7. To ensure effective communication between Partner Board members and staff.
8. To manage the yearly timetabling of meetings including the internal servicing schedule and ensure that this is publicised.
9. To ensure the Boards under your control comply with the National Housing Federation Code of Governance.
10. To update records and registers relating to the Partner Boards under your control including shareholding information, keeping their membership policies under review.
11. To arrange and service the Annual General Meetings of the Group Partners under your control.
12. To assist with the completion of annual returns to the Financial Services Authority, Companies House, the Housing Corporation and the Charities Commission.
13. To arrange for the sealing of documents as required.
14. Provide information for meetings, bids, questionnaires and other documents as required from time to time
15. To deputise for the Group Head of Legal and Member Services as and when required and provide general assistance to the work of the team.
16. To keep abreast of the constitutional and legal framework within which Housing Associations operate and provide constitutional advice to the Boards.
Apply for this job:
For further information on this role or to apply, please contact:
- Deborah Kirkman - 020 7778 1606
- Sonya Rayner - 020 7778 1635
- Nicola McLean - 020 7778 1621
Or email the Company Secretarial Recruitment Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.