|Company Secretary - Thames Valley/ Midlands|
|Midlands, South East|
Our client is one of the world’s foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. It is now looking to appoint a Company Secretary who will provide a full Company Secretarial service, including attending and minuting Board Meetings, for a portfolio of PFI and other SPCs.
The primary objectives of the Secretariat team are to ensure that all of the statutory, secretarial and legal requirements for each of the SPCs are met. The role reports to the Operations Director.
Duties will specifically include:
• Attendance and taking Minutes at Board Meetings (UK and Northern Ireland-wide);
• Statutory filing of documents using GEMS Secretariat software and Companies House electronic filing;
• Maintenance of Minute Books and Statutory Registers;
• Issuing loan note certificates and maintaining the associated loan note registers;
• Co-ordinating diary of Meetings and giving notice of those Meetings to directors and officers of various Boards;
• Advising the Board as required on issues of statutory and regulatory compliance;
• Managing the processes associated with Shareholder Meetings;
• Co-ordinating the amendment and maintenance of bank mandates and other authorisation processes; and
• Ad hoc projects on any subject within the remit of the Secretariat.
Qualification and experience:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience of attending Board Meetings and taking detailed, accurate Minutes.
• Minimum of 18 months’ experience of managing the statutory filing processes and maintaining hard and soft statutory registers using Secretariat/GEMS or other electronic software and Companies House electronic filing.
• Experienced in producing documents to a consistent and accurate standard, using Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Qualified to at least Grad ICSA status.
• Educated to at least “A” Level standard or equivalent.
• Exceptional attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management and personal organisational skills and experience of multi-tasking according to priorities.
• Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously using own initiative, with a strong degree of self-motivation.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise at all levels.
• Good listening skills.
• Good working and demonstrable knowledge of the Companies Act 2006.
• Service oriented, adaptable and resilient.
• Professional and confidential with a high level of integrity.
Apply for this job:
For further information on this role or to apply, please contact:
- Deborah Kirkman - 020 7778 1606
- Sonya Rayner - 020 7778 1635
- Nicola McLean - 020 7778 1621
Or email the Company Secretarial Recruitment Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.