|Company Secretary: Legal and Compliance Manager Amsterdam|
Our client is an investment management company that provides long-term sale-leaseback and build-to-suit financing for companies worldwide and manages a global investment portfolio of approximately $12 billion. It is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
The International Asset Management Transactions Team is based in Amsterdam and manages the approximately $3 billion in assets owned throughout Europe and Asia. With more than a decade of experience investing internationally, its portfolios are broadly geographically diversified, and its international asset management team executes all asset management matters for this growing portfolio.
· Lead a team responsible for the administration and compliance of a portfolio of 90 entities across 20 jurisdictions.
· Draft, review and manage contracts, powers of attorney and all corporate records.
· Coordinate with local service providers and lead in corporate actions; incorporations, mergers, liquidations, the structuring of new deals and surrounding financing arrangements.
· Coordinate the preparation of statutory accounts in local GAAP, advising on the accounting treatment of transactions and reviewing accounts once closed.
· Assess the need for audits and source, engage and manage auditors and the audit process.
· Coordinate Board and Shareholder Meetings and ensure all corporate filings are undertaken.
· Monitor all contractual obligations and prepare timely, accurate lender reporting.
· Act as a point of reference for Treasury and coordinate on all intra-group fund movements.
· Undertake business wide risk reviews and design and implement new business operating procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal controls.
· Apply corporate governance standards, dealing with and advising executive and non-executive Directors and managing signing authorities and all delegations.
This position will require:
· A strong leadership ability and vision, with the willingness to support and supervise more junior staff
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· The ability to work across a diverse range of legal jurisdictions, cultures and languages.
· A willingness to take on an array of tasks both mundane and high level.
· A degree of international travel may be required (5%-20%)
The ideal candidate will be
· 5-10 years experienced within asset management, real estate or Trust services
· ICSA qualified or alternatively a qualified solicitor with experience in the corporate legal arena
· A good understanding of and affinity for accounting practices and audit processes
· Managerial experience desired
· Perfect English is essential, other languages are a bonus
Apply for this job:
For further information on this role or to apply, please contact:
- Deborah Kirkman - 020 7778 1606
- Sonya Rayner - 020 7778 1635
- Nicola McLean - 020 7778 1621
Or email the Company Secretarial Recruitment Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.