|Group Solicitor and Company Secretary|
|South East, South West|
Our client is well-known property management and services group.
It now seeks to appoint a Group Solicitor & Company Secretary, responsible for all the legal affairs of the Company, in particular, ensuring that legal and company secretarial support of the highest standard is provided in a proactive and timely manner to all its business units. This position reports to the Chief Executive and liaises with personnel up to and including Main Board, shareholder representatives and their lawyers.
The scope of the role is:
• Servicing Board and Committee meetings
• Contributing towards business strategy as part of the senior management team and in particular anticipating legal and regulatory changes which might impact on business objectives
• Overseeing the legal and governance aspects of the annual report and accounts
• Maintaining ICSA Blueprint Compliance Software
• Ensuring an effective framework for corporate governance
• Dealing with the conduct / management of one off complex corporate loan and security documentation
• Advising on major corporate transactions
• Overseeing income generation through property transfer
• Appraising supplier contracts
• Providing legal support on a wide range of legal technical matters, ensuring where necessary legal opinions are obtained and acted upon
• Provide guidance on the legal aspects of public affairs and PR
• Establishing the legal compliance and relevance of the whole of the Group’s standard legal documentation
• managing major litigation
• Advising and managing subject access requests in relation to Data Protection
Managerial & functional responsibilities include:
• Advising and supporting in-house lawyers
• Establishing and managing a budget including external legal fees
• Undertaking management of external law firms to ensure
• Achieving best value buying of legal services
• Providing staff training in all legal aspects of the business i.e. Bribery act, Data Protection.
• Establishing an effective framework within which to monitor compliance
• Over viewing professional standards for all legal teams.
• Managing secretarial staff
• Over viewing the legal aspects of compliance activities including contributing to the design of policies to meet compliance requirements in property and other sectors of the business.
• To act as the company Data Controller.
Candidates must be a Solicitor / Barrister with at least 10 years’ pqe ideally in the property sector with strong commercial skills. They should have:
• A thorough knowledge of the property management and investment sectors and mergers and acquisitions.
• A thorough knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environment affecting the Group’s business.
• A working knowledge of debt security instruments, including bank facility securitisation and ISDA documentation.
• Previous appointment as a company secretary including the keeping of the statutory registers, minuting of board meetings and the drafting of resolutions to record property and finance transactions.
They should be an effective communicator with active listening skills, able to work within a team by solving complex legal problems and participating in the decision making process, and able to prioritise and organise work.
Apply for this job:
For further information in complete confidence, please contact:
Deborah Kirkman - 020 7778 1606
Sonya Rayner - 020 7778 1635
Nicola McLean - 020 7778 1621
Alternatively, email the In-house Recruitment Team quoting the job title and reference number: firstname.lastname@example.org